SECOND WEDNESDAY OF EACH MONTH (SEPTEMBER THROUGH MAY) 11:45 AM â€“ 1PM AT THE FAMILY Y
See our public events calendar for details and to subscribe in your Outlook or Google Calendar. Here’s a list of our upcoming speakers.
- DECEMBER 9: Christmas in Peru, with Daly Feldman
- JANUARY 13: Vietnam and other countries visited by Thomas Yung
- FEBRUARY 10: China â€“ Mayor Ardell Brede reports about his trip to Rochesterâ€™s partner city Xianyang
- MARCH 10: Bangladesh â€“ Nazme Hoque
- APRIL 14: Japan’s Samurai – George Hoeppner
We are still looking for a speaker in May. Speakers get free lunch. If you have an idea about topics, speakers or want to speak yourself, please contact Herta Matteson 507-280-8319 or email.
The luncheons cover international topics, travel reports, customs and other international and ethnic issues. An ethnic lunch is served at 11:45, the program starts shortly after noon. The price for the luncheon is $9 for RIA and Y members, $10 for non-members. Reservations by Monday before the luncheon please, call Betsy at 507-289-3359.