Fuad Mansour Music and Dance Series
by riamn. Average Reading Time: less than a minute.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 7 enjoy the first program of the weekly series Windows on the World –A Music and Dance Series honoring the life of Fuad Mansour, a Mayo employee who organized the first Rochester World Festival in 1976 and help start the Rochester International Association in 1982. He died in 1997.
This special music and dance series celebrating cultural diversity is part of the ongoing Harmony for Mayo series. Presentations are as follows:
- Nov. 7 :at Phillips Hall, Siebens Building , 12:10 to 1:00 pm Sankofa: a Ghanian folklore and dance ensemble.
- Nov. 14:12:10 at Lips Atrium subway level Charlton Building: Michael Hauser, Spanish flamenco guitartist will lead a group of four other artists in a music and dance performance.
- Nov. 21: Ragamala: at Phillips Hall Siebens traditional music and dance from southern India.
- Nov. 28: Spirit of Nature, Lips Atrium Charlton Bldg. A concert of Chinese classical, court, folk and contemporary music on traditional instruments.
- Dec. 5: at Lips Atrium Charlton Building Amwaaj, an Arabic musical ensemble performing on traditional instruments.