37th ANNUAL ROCHESTER WORLD FESTIVAL
Presented by the Rochester International Association
APRIL 13, 7 PM:
SHOW OF CULTURAL PERFORMANCES
APRIL 14, 10 AM – 3 PM:
ETHNIC FOOD, CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES, CULTURAL DISPLAYS, PARADE OF NATIONS, INTERNATIONAL MARKET PLACE, DANCING AND MORE
At Mayo High School, Rochester
THE WORLD FESTIVAL WAS FOUNDED IN 1976 AS A BICENTENNIAL EVENT TO SHOW CASE THE MANY CULTURES REPRESENTED IN SE MINNESOTA. SINCE 1982 THE ROCHESTER INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION HAS BEEN ORGANIZING THE EVENT. WE ARE A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION COMMITTED TO MULTICULTURAL EDUCATION AND EXCHANGE.
Friday night enjoy professionally staged performances from around the world in the auditorium, directed by Terri Allred. Jess Abrahamson of KTTC will be the Master of Ceremonies. (The entrance fee is: $4 for children, $8 for adults, $20 for families)
Saturday 10-3 (entrance is free): Take a trip around the world in one day! Visit with your international neighbors in Rochester and learn about their culture, try their food, listen to their music and dance along.
– The children will enjoy starting out Saturday morning at 10:30 am with a dance to get them excited and energized. Then take them to the tables with many international activities and crafts.
– See the flags and beautiful ethnic dresses in the Parade of Nations.
– Try a cuisine you have never tried or enjoy something you already know. We have plenty to choose from.
– Make new friends by visiting the cultural displays and learn about the background of your Rochester neighbors from other countries.
– Rochester organizations with an international outlook will present their programs and buy some souvenirs from around the world at the Market Place.
Come and enjoy a wonderful time of “traveling around the world in one day” in Rochester!
For more information or to sign up to participate, please visit the Rochester International Association’s website at www.ria-minnesota.org or send an e-mail to email@example.com